While there is no set uniform, students are encouraged to wear dance clothing that they can move in for safe dance purposes. It is important that they feel comfortable in what they are wearing too.
The following list is a suggestion only.
- Dress your child in comfortable clothing with bare feet or soft ballet shoes.
- (No jiffies please as they can be very slippery) Of course ‘Dress ups’ are always welcome!
- They are welcome to wear ballet attire if they like. I do have some ballet dresses, leotards, skirts, tights and legwarmers available for purchase (like the ones in the image below).
- Boys can wear a t-shirt and shorts. Sometimes its nice to have a special shirt or pair of shorts that they only wear to their babyballet class. Can just be a plain colour or their favourite colour.
Creative Ballet Girls and Boys
- Hair pulled back off face (bun secured in place preferred)
- Leotard, muscle singlet top or tight t-shirt
- Ballet skirt, leggings, bike shorts, dance pants
- Socks or tights
- Ballet shoes
Musical Theatre Girls and Boys
- Comfortable clothing that allows for freedom of movement. Jazz shoes if you have them, otherwise comfortable footwear like runners or bare feet.
- Adult Students are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing (similar to what you would wear while exercising). The appropriate footwear is important to align with safe dance practices.